Serving Baton Rouge | Acadiana | Lafayette
Bed bug infestations are dreaded by all homeowners, making it important to know how to protect your property and family from them! Even the cleanest homes can be infested when you’re not careful enough. Bed bug infestations can start and spread through used furniture, luggage, transported clothing, and other things, making them more of a pressing threat than you may realize. Thankfully, there are a number of ways you can effectively keep bed bugs out of your home. Read on to learn some of the ways to keep your property bed-bug free!
How to prevent bed bugs
In addition to keeping a clean home, there are several ways you lessen the risk of getting a bed bug infestation:
- Know the signs of bed bugs: These insects leave behind dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery, along with pale-yellow shell casings and their white, sticky eggs. Bits from the bugs are usually red, itchy, and appear in rows or zigzags.
- Be cautious of used items: Transporting used goods into your home is an easy way to get bed bugs. Always thoroughly check any used item before bringing it home.
- Cover power outlets: Though it may seem odd, power outlets are ideal hiding spots for bed bugs. Cover the outlets with a simple outlet plug to keep them away.
- Use vacuum-sealed bags: Vacuum-sealed bags help provide a barrier between your clothing and wandering bed bugs.
- Cover your mattress: A mattress cover that can withstand tears or holes will be extremely helpful in keeping bed bugs out.
- Take care while traveling: Bed bug infestations are known to start when the bugs are brought home from a trip due to infested hotels or luggage.
Need a Bed Bug Exterminator estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How do bed bugs get inside?
It can be extremely frustrating to find out you have a bed bug infestation, and you likely want to know how the problem started in the first place! Unfortunately, bed bugs spread much more easily than you think. The most common way bed bugs are brought indoors is through luggage or old furniture that has been infested elsewhere. Once indoors, they can spread to any crevice, crack, or upholstered item.
Preventative bed bug services
If you’re noticing the signs of bed bugs even after you’ve done all you can to prevent them, it’s time to call an exterminator. Bed bugs are difficult to locate and can spread at rapid rates, making it all the more important to call a professional exterminator as soon as you suspect bed bug activity. Dugas Pest Control is committed to providing exceptional bed bug control services with our thorough inspections and highly effective treatments.Back to Bed Bug Exterminator
Keeping Bed Bugs Out of Your Home in Louisiana
Baton Rouge LA | Acadiana LA