Getting ready for a trip, whether it’s a weekend getaway or a long vacation, requires many steps. After you’ve booked your tickets and packed your suitcases, what else do you need to do to prepare? As much as you may hate to admit, bed bugs are a common part of traveling and it’s important to know how to avoid picking them up during your travels. To prevent a bed bug infestation after a trip, keep reading to learn Dugas Pest Control’s expert tips on bed bug prevention.
Bed bug prevention tips while traveling
Just because you didn’t see any bad reviews of bed bugs for the hotel you’re staying in doesn’t necessarily mean you’re safe. Some of the steps you should take to ensure you stay bed bug-free on your vacation include:
- Properly pack your suitcase.
- Use a suitcase with a hard casing/shell.
- Wrap all clothing and fabric items in plastic bags.
- Thoroughly inspect your hotel room when you arrive.
- Pull back the bed sheets and look between the mattress and box springs for bed bugs.
- Look for signs of eggs, feces, or skin that has been shed.
- Store your luggage above ground.
- Always place luggage on suitcase racks or on top of dressers.
- Take precautions when you return home.
- Wash and dry all of your clothing in a hot water wash after your trip.
- Thoroughly vacuum or steam-clean your suitcase before you store it.
Need a Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Bed bugs in hotels
Motels and cheaper hotels may have a reputation for their lack of cleanliness, but bed bugs can be a problem even in luxury hotels. With so many people from around the world checking in and out of hotels on a daily basis, pest problems are bound to happen in buildings that don’t implement proper pest control and prevention. When you are researching hotels to stay in for a trip, it’s important to always check the reviews to note any complaints of bed bugs or other pests. While simple, this step can save you the grief of booking an infested hotel.
How to prevent bed bugs after a trip
You’ve taken every precaution to avoid getting bed bugs while traveling…but you’ve still managed to bring them home with you. Now what? As soon as you notice bed bugs in your home, it’s time to call in a professional. The bed bug exterminators at Dugas Pest Control have the decades of experience needed to thoroughly inspect and treat your home for bed bugs. Call us today to learn more!Back to Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal
Prevent Bed Bugs While Traveling in Louisiana
Serving the Baton Rouge and Acadiana LA area since 1957