Do I Have Bed Bugs?
Two of the main signs of bed bugs are noticing bites on your skin and seeing stains on your bedding from the bugs. If you have bite marks on your legs or other exposed areas, you could very well have a bed bug infestation.
The top five telltale signs of a bed bug infestation are:
- Small, reddish-brown spots on mattresses, upholstery, or walls from bed bug feces
- Molt bed bug skins
- Bed bug eggs or empty eggshells
- Red itchy marks on the skin from bed bug bites
- An unpleasant moldy smell from bed bug scent glands
Top Signs of Bed Bugs
The most-reported sign of bed bugs is their bites, which are asymptomatic in some people but leave red, itchy marks on others. Besides their bites, there are a few other signs that you could be dealing with a bed bug infestation. Noticing bed bug skins or their sticky eggs/empty eggshells are a sign bed bugs are reproducing in your property. Their feces leave dark spots on bedding or anywhere else they may be active. One of the most common signs of bed bugs is blood stains on your sheets or bedding, which indicates these bugs could be feeding on you during your sleep.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Inspecting For Bed Bugs
If you suspect a bed bug problem in your home, there are several things you can do to further inspect your property:
- Remove your bedsheets and look at the edges, crevices, and seams on your mattress.
- Look for live bed bugs, eggs, and nymphs.
- Inspect the box spring for the signs of bed bugs.
- Investigate other areas of the home, including upholstered furniture and even power outlets!
Do I Have a Bed Bug Problem?
As soon as you spot the signs of potential bed bug activity—whether it bites on your legs or stains—it’s crucial to get a professional inspection done. It’s important to have a bed bug expert inspect your property, as they know exactly where to locate these bugs.
Do I Have Bed Bugs? in Louisiana
Serving the Baton Rouge and Acadiana LA area since 1957