How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Baton Rouge?
To ensure that bed bug treatments are successful, some preparation is necessary. Preparation involves everything from providing access to your property, to cleaning and utilizing post-treatment recommendations.
The following measures will help you prepare for bed bug treatment:
- Be prepared to leave your property for several hours, and to take your pets with you.
- Try to tidy up your place and reduce the amount of clutter in your property.
- Remove bed linens from mattresses and box springs, and wash them in hot water.
How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Heat Treatment?
If you’re having a professional exterminator treat your property for pests, they should provide you with a list of actions to complete to “prep” your home. Although treatment types may differ, some of the most common preparations are as follows:
- Remove linens from bedding and other fabrics from your bedrooms. Wash them in the hottest water possible.
- Remove all personal items that are on furniture or on the floor.
- Empty everything from closets and drawers, and possibly remove books from shelving.
- Clean or launder all clothing in the hottest water possible and store in clean storage bags for up to two weeks after treatment.
- Move furniture and items away from the walls to give access to baseboards.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
What Should I Do After Bed Bug Treatment?
Depending on the length of time your bed bug treatment takes, you can usually return to normal living within a few hours. Do not shampoo or clean floors for at least three weeks after treatment. Additionally, wait at least four hours after treatment to replace your bedding. Typically, treatment should prove to be completely effective within a few weeks.
Is Bed Bug Treatment Needed Multiple Times?
If you enlist the help of a professional bed bug exterminator that utilizes highly effective bed bug treatments, you should expect to be relieved of your bed bug problem. If the infestation persists, it’s important to reach out to your exterminator for further treatments!
How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Baton Rouge? in Louisiana
Serving the Baton Rouge and Acadiana LA area since 1957