The holiday season means family gatherings, good food, and sharing gifts—it’s a time of the year that so many of us look forward to. However, many different kinds of pests in Baton Rouge look forward to it, too. With so many new opportunities for pests to spread and proliferate associated with the holiday season, it’s important to stay diligent about pest prevention. To learn how to prevent pest infestations this holiday season, read on for advice from the expert technicians at Dugas Pest Control!
How Do Pests Spread During the Holiday Season?
Pest infestations definitely aren’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the holidays, but many people here in Baton Rouge LA can associate them with each other through past experiences. Here are the main ways pest outbreaks start during the holidays:
- Plants: Trees, garlands, wreaths, and other decorative plants are all popular decor options during the holidays. They make easy hiding places for all sorts of insects, and sometimes even mice.
- Packages: Bugs like cockroaches and beetles like to chew their way into cardboard packaging for shelter. They can end up being transported somewhere and multiplying in their new home.
- Decorations: We’ve heard many stories of homeowners pulling their decorations out from storage to find them teeming with insects.
3 Ways to Prevent Holiday Season Pests
It’s important to take extra precautions against pests during the holiday season. We’ve asked our technicians to provide their three most essential tips to prevent pest problems around this time of year:
- Check your storage space and boxes for pest damage before bringing your decorations out for the season. There could be scratches and bite marks on boxes or droppings nearby.
- Store your firewood outside, off the ground, and away from your home if you can. Make sure to inspect your woodpile for pests before bringing wood inside.
- Shake out your tree or similar greenery before setting it up inside your home.
Need Pest Control in Baton Rouge LA this Holiday Season?
No one wants to deal with pests during the holidays, especially if you’ve already experienced how frustrating it can be. If you’re looking to get a head start on pest prevention this holiday season, ask your local pest control company how they can help. Our licensed and certified technicians at Dugas Pest Control are trained to conduct all-encompassing pest control services that include inspections, extermination, and preventative maintenance work to keep your home pest-free through the holidays and all year long. Contact us today for a free quote!
Do You Have a Pest Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information and we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Keeping Pests Out Over the Holidays in Louisiana
Serving the Baton Rouge and Acadiana LA area since 1957