Sometimes, even when we think we’ve kept our bathrooms as clean as we can, we still find that they’ve become a home for unwanted pests. The moisture and humidity that build up in our bathrooms provide essential needs for many kinds of pests in Baton Rouge LA. Whether they’re looking for drinking water, hospitable environments, or other bugs to eat, there’s something for every critter in your bathroom. To find out what pests you might find in your bathroom and how to prevent them, learn from the technicians at Dugas Pest Control!
What Pests Infest Bathrooms?
There is a long list of Baton Rouge LA pests that could find their way into your bathroom, but these three are some that we deal with all the time:
- Ants: These critters are attracted to excess moisture in our bathrooms for drinking water. The scent of our perfumes, soaps, body washes, shampoos, and other hygiene products are also likely to draw ants in, looking for food.
- Cockroaches: Infamously easy to please, roaches are comfortable eating toothpaste, soap, and grime that they find in our bathrooms. The warm temperatures, moisture, and dark cabinets keep them around.
- Silverfish: These insects love humid environments, which are easily created by a poorly ventilated bathroom. If you find silverfish on the floor of your shower or tub, you probably have a humidity issue that you need to address.
What Can I Do to Keep Pests Out of My Bathroom?
You will have a much better chance of avoiding pest problems with a clean and dry bathroom. Add these measures to your cleaning routine to help keep pests out of your home:
- Wipe down your countertops to remove any standing water and excess filth
- Keep your bathroom well-ventilated, especially during and after a shower, to reduce humidity
- Inspect your plumbing fixtures regularly to look for leaks or pest activity
- Clean up any toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, or other hygiene products that spill
Whatever you can do to remove excess moisture and mess from your bathroom will contribute to a pest-free environment!
How to Keep Pests Out of Your Baton Rouge LA Bathroom
When pests are taking over your bathroom to the point where you can’t shower in peace, it’s important to let your local pest control company know. At Dugas Pest Control, we take pride in our expert ability to identify pest vulnerabilities and eliminate active populations swiftly and safely, restoring our customers’ bathrooms to proper conditions. Don’t hesitate to get rid of pests in the bathroom—contact us today for a free quote!
Do You Have a Pest Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information and we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
What Are Those Bugs in the Bathroom? in Louisiana
Serving the Baton Rouge and Acadiana LA area since 1957