Wildlife exclusion is one of the most important services that we offer here at Dugas Pest Control. Especially as the temperatures wane into winter, wild animals of all sorts are looking to take shelter on our properties, even inside our homes. To prevent wild animals from taking up residence in your home, bringing with them the risks of property damage and disease, it’s important to sign up for wildlife exclusion services administered by your local exterminators. But what exactly is wildlife exclusion? To learn more about how we keep wild animals out of our customers’ homes around Baton Rouge LA, read on!
What Does “Wildlife Exclusion” Mean?
Wildlife exclusion is the professional process of preparing homes or businesses to defend against potential wildlife problems, as well as the safe removal of any active wildlife on the property. It’s an all-encompassing service that shouldn’t just happen once. Many wild animals are adaptive and opportunistic—they will take any opportunity to find shelter or food as soon as it presents itself. By signing up for wildlife exclusion with Dugas Pest Control, you can expect the following services:
- Identification of present wildlife, which often includes raccoons, squirrels, opossums, mice, or rats.
- Humane removal of all active animals.
- Damage repairs, waste removal, and material replacement (wood, insulation, wires, and more.)
- Entry point sealing using caulk, sheet metal, or otherwise applicable materials.
- Return visits as necessary to maintain a wildlife-free space.
Benefits of Wildlife Exclusion Services
Trying to deal with wildlife on your own can be ineffective and dangerous. There are many benefits to hiring professional exterminators for wildlife exclusion services:
- It’s humane. We only take the necessary measures to remove animals from our customers’ properties, prioritizing humane methods in all cases.
- It keeps animal families together. Many people make the mistake of removing animal mothers and not their babies, leaving the young to die. Beyond being inhumane, this can cause unpleasant odors and new wildlife presence on your property. Wildlife exclusion focuses on getting the entire family out.
- It’s a long-term solution. Trapping and removing animals does not get to the root of the problem. Professional wildlife exclusion services will discourage future animals from nesting in your yard.
- It’s affordable. It actually costs less money to deal with pests humanely! Prioritizing prevention with a company that looks out for local wildlife is the best option for your conscience and your wallet.
Can I Keep Wildlife Out On My Own?
There are certain steps you can take to keep wildlife off of your property, like sealing gaps and cracks in your foundation, siding, roof fixtures, doors and windows, and more. Cleaning up your yard by clearing out yard waste and trimming your plants often will also help. However, sometimes you can’t control a wildlife infestation without the help of local pest professionals. At Dugas Pest Control, we bring over 60 years of experience to the table every time we help relocate wildlife. Contact us today for a free quote!
Do You Have a Pest Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information and we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
What is Wildlife Exclusion? in Louisiana
Serving the Baton Rouge and Acadiana LA area since 1957