Flea & Tick Control
Professional Flea & Tick Control
For Southern Louisiana From Dugas Pest Control
Would you like to get rid of fleas and ticks from your home without having to evict the family pet? Dugas Pest Control provides animal-friendly, professional control for fleas and ticks throughout Southern Louisiana including Baton Rouge, New Orleans, St. Tammany & Lafayette. We serve both residential and commercial clients.
Call us today for a free inspection and to find out how we can help keep the fleas and ticks outside where they belong!
Help Protect You and Your Pets
Many pet owners in our area have suffered too long living with fleas and ticks that bite not only their family members but their beloved pets. Many southern cities provide the ideal living conditions and optimal breeding grounds for these pests, which often make it extremely difficult to control them. Without an effective flea and tick plan, these disease carrying pests can often become extremely troublesome for dogs and cats.
Serious Health Risks
More than just an annoyance, fleas will often inject saliva into your pet’s skin. In their search for blood, the flea will cause severe dermatitis in your dog or cat causing them to scratch and bite at the site.
Ticks pose a slightly different problem. Many varieties of ticks carry a number of harmful diseases that are easily transmittable, including Lyme disease. These diseases can severely injure your pet that could cause paralysis and respiratory failure.
Develop an Effective Plan
With on an effective flea & tick control plan, both pests can rapidly cause an infestation problem in your home, especially during the warm months of summer. There are variety of things you can do to protect your home, your family and your pets against fleas and ticks that include:
- Check Your Pets – Throughout the year, especially during the warm months, check your dogs and cats frequently for any fleas and flea debris. Watch your pets for any excessive scratching, nibbling or licking.
- Avoid Tall Grass – Avoid walking around tall grass, as ticks and fleas tend to harbor in the grassy areas. Ticks tend to develop their own habitats in wooded areas, and along trails and bushy vegetation.
- Bathe Pets Regularly – Bathe your dog and cat regularly, especially after playing around other animals, or taking walks.
- Vacuum Often – By vacuuming your flooring and washing the bed linens/furniture often, you can help eradicate ticks, fleas and their larva.
- Wash Pet Items – Washing your pet items regularly will help diminish the chances of flea and tick infestation from your pet’s toys, collars and bedding.
- Proper Vacuuming Bag Handling – Never empty vacuum bags inside the home. This will reduce the chance of re-infecting the house.
Get Professional Pest Control Help
The reality is that even if you try all of the methods above, you still may be not eradicate the problem completely and may still find fleas and ticks in your home. That’s when it’s time to call the professionals at Dugas Pest Control in Baton Rouge and serving all of southern Louisiana.
By taking a proactive approach you can treat the area around your home with effective insecticides. If you believe your house is already infected, you will need the proper equipment, expertise and pesticides to completely eradicate the fleas and ticks from your home – once and for all!