Professional Roach Control & Elimination
From Dugas Pest Control Serving Southern Louisiana
Roaches – yuck!
If you’ve been living with roach problems, or tried the DIY methods that didn’t work, it’s time to call for help!
Dugas Pest Control provides professional control and elimination of roach problems throughout Southern Louisiana including Baton Rouge, New Orleans, St. Tammany & Lafayette.
We serve both residential and commercial clients throughout our service area.
We Eliminate all Types of Roaches:
- American Cockroaches
- Smoky brown cockroaches
- German Cockroaches
- Brown Banded Cockroach
Call us today for a free inspection and to find out how we can help rid your home of these repulsive pests.
Keeping Roaches at Bay
Our local southern Louisiana cockroaches have become experts at locating and exploiting any available food scrap in and out of the home.
Without effective roach control, they produce health risks to your family, especially in individuals suffering with asthma.
Roaches will gather around any waste in your kitchen, around trash containers, garbage cans, and anywhere they can find food.
Without control roaches can cause devastation to your home. However, by understanding their behavioral patterns, there are effective roach control methods to eradicate them from your house.
To assist you in the war of controlling cockroaches, the following important tips will help reduce their numbers. The facts include:
- Entry Behavior – Cockroaches can easily enter your home in a variety of ways, including through crevices & cracks, sewers & drainpipes, and vents. They can also travel into your home in your purse, in boxes, grocery bags and on you.
- Ideal Living Conditions – If you provide cockroaches with a plentiful source of warmth, water, nesting sites and food, they can remain active, living in your home throughout the year.
- Reproductive Behavior – Under ideal conditions, roaches reproduce continually. Every cockroach you see in your home represents dozens or hundreds more you do not see, lurking behind the walls.
- Evasive Behavior – Their nocturnal behavior make them very evasive, as they tend to eat and move around your house at night. However, with overcrowded living conditions behind your walls, some roaches will make come out during the daylight.
- Asthma and Allergies – Cockroaches produce their own dust when they cast off dead skin. Additionally, cockroach droppings and dead roaches will produce dust as they decompose. This tends to aggravate allergies, and trigger allergic reactions and difficulties with asthma.
More Tips for Helping Control Cockroaches
As part of a roach control plan, there are various ways you can prevent cockroach infestation in your home. They include:
- Keep Them Out – Seal open cracks on the outside of your house to discourage any open access for roaches.
- Avoid Dirty Dishes – keep dishes clean and out of the sink to remove a food source for roaches, especially overnight.
- Ventilate – Be sure the basement or crawl space is properly ventilated to discourage harboring areas.
- Vacuum Often – Vacuum the interior of your home often, to continually remove food particles from the floor.
Cockroach infestation is a serious problem in southern Louisiana. Cockroaches have developed a survival mechanism that allows them to hide in ways that are difficult for you to find them.
Without effective roach control plan along with the materials and equipment to eradicate them, it is often a losing battle.