House spiders are typically harmless and prefer to stay out of your way. They even help to keep the populations of other insects inside your property down. That said, no property owner wants to deal with an excess number of spiders inside their home—especially if they’re of the dangerous variety. Thankfully, there are a few steps you can take to safeguard your property from spiders all year long.
How to prevent spiders
As with all pests, the best form of spider control is prevention! To avoid the understandably frightening sight of a spider indoors, there are several ways you can lessen the risk of spiders getting indoors in the first place:
- Always inspect boxes and pieces of furniture for egg sacs or live spiders before moving them indoors.
- Locate and seal any potential entry points around your foundation, walls, or windows to stop spiders from crawling in.
- Maintain a clean, tidy home to prevent the many types of insects that spiders prey on.
- Place sticky traps in specific rooms to monitor spider activity.
- Keep your grass mowed and all vegetation trimmed. Spiders are attracted to bushes, shrubs, woodpiles, and compost piles in your yard.
Say Goodbye to Pests. Get Started Today!
Do natural spider repellents work?
Although not effective for controlling active spider infestations, there are several all-natural methods that may help ward off spiders. A fine layer of diatomaceous earth sprinkled around the perimeter of your property will kill any spider that crawls across it. In addition, peppermint, tea-tree, citrus, and eucalyptus essential oils are all known to deter spiders. While all-natural repellents aren’t proven to work every time, they may help reduce the number of spiders in your home.
Keeping spiders out of your property
If you’re seeing an excessive amount of spiders or webs in your home—or if you’ve spotted a black widow, brown recluse, it’s best to call a spider exterminator. The experts at Dugas Pest Control can conduct a thorough property inspection to determine how spiders are getting indoors and will implement spider control treatment as necessary.
Call today to schedule service!Back to Spider Exterminators – Control – Removal
Spider Prevention Tips in Louisiana
Serving the Baton Rouge and Acadiana LA area since 1957