How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Baton Rouge?
To keep termites away or to stop termites from spreading, it’s important to implement preventative measures and contact a professional termite exterminator for assistance.
There are several ways to prevent termites, including getting rid of excess moisture in the home by fixing leaky pipes, cleaning up debris, fixing damaged wood, and more. If you already have termites in or around your home, contact a professional termite exterminator right away. An expert can help stop an infestation from spreading.
How Do I Keep Termites From Coming Back?
Termite prevention is best left to a professional who can administer treatment. That said, there are several ways you can make your property less appealing to termites:
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home as well as any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Make sure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Be cautious of areas in the home where wood is in contact with soil.
- Keep piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any sources of decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How to Stop A Termite Infestation
If you’ve already discovered termites in your yard or home, it’s important to call a termite exterminator right away. A professional can begin implementing preventative measures after you already have termites may help keep them from spreading, but it won’t reverse what damage has already been done.
Quick, reliable treatment is your best bet at not only removing the current termite activity you have, but also preventing the possibility of future infestations. The team at Dugas Pest Control can stop an infestation from spreading in your Baton Rouge LA property.
How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Baton Rouge? in Louisiana
Serving the Baton Rouge and Acadiana LA area since 1957