How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Baton Rouge
Bed bugs can appear out of nowhere, but it’s important to how you can make yourself less susceptible to an infestation in the first place. To prevent them, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the scenarios in which bed bugs are typically acquired.
The five ways to prevent a bed bug infestation include:
- Protect your bed with mattress covers.
- Inspect hotel rooms and take care of your luggage if traveling.
- Declutter your property as much and as often as possible.
- Be cautious when bringing used furniture inside.
- Learn how to recognize the signs of a bed bug problem.
How Do I Keep Bed Bugs Away?
Unfortunately, anyone and everyone can get a bed bug problem. It can be difficult to prevent a bed bug infestation, as they’re often quite random. However, there are a number of ways you can stay vigilant about protecting yourself and your family from bed bugs all year long! By staying educated about the very real threat of bed bugs, you can lessen the chance of putting yourself at risk of an infestation down the line.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
6 Tips to Prevent Bed Bugs in Your Home
Thankfully, there are several ways you can successfully stay safe from bed bugs.
- Learn the signs of bed bugs. Look for fecal spots, blood spots, and bed bug bites.
- Be cautious of used furniture. Always thoroughly inspect second hand items before bringing them indoors.
- Cover your power outlets. Electrical outlets are ideal hiding spots for bugs. Cover them with a simple plug to eliminate their chances of getting in.
- Protect your mattress. Using a cover that is resistant to holes and tears can help protect your bed from bugs!
- Take precautions when traveling. Research your hotel, pack clothes in vacuum-sealed bags, and always store your suitcase above the ground.
- Inspect your property. Look for signs of bed bugs, vacuum your floor, check pet beds, and keep a clutter-free environment.
What Attracts Bed Bugs in Baton Rouge?
Unlike other pests, bed bugs aren’t necessarily drawn to food, water, and shelter inside your property. They are not attracted to dirt or grime, but rather warmth and blood! As long as they have a host to feed on, bed bugs will infest any residence. This is why anyone can come down with a bed bug infestation.
How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Baton Rouge in Louisiana
Serving the Baton Rouge and Acadiana LA area since 1957