If you find a few bugs in your home, it’s easy to assume that you can get rid of them and go on with your day. However, with many insects, the few that you find indicate that many more are going unnoticed. At Dugas Pest Control, we have been called out to assess many pest infestations that the homeowner thought could be quickly resolved. As it has turned out time and again, the problem was much deeper rooted than it would appear to the untrained eye.
If you’re worried about a pest problem developing in your home in Baton Rouge LA, the safest call is to reach out to your local pest control company as soon as you can. In some cases, this could save you from skyrocketing repair costs and uncontrollable pest outbreaks.
5 Signs That You Need Professional Pest Control
Licensed, certified pest control technicians can correct pest problems using safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible solutions. We have put together 5 major signs that you should reach out to your local pest control company:
- Termites: Termites cause billions of dollars of damage around the world annually! These prolific and powerful pests can hide in your walls unnoticed for years, gradually growing their numbers. Even finding one termite in your home warrants an immediate call for an inspection.
- Wood-boring insects: In addition to termites, carpenter ants and carpenter bees like to burrow through the wooden structures in our homes. So do powderpost beetles—if you allow generations of any of these insects to accumulate in your walls, you could be in for some serious structural damage.
- Bees, wasps, and hornets: All of these stinging insects are capable of building nests in our walls, hanging from our porches, or on outdoor structures. It is highly unsafe to remove them yourself, especially wasps and hornets’ nests. They are not scared of attacking in large numbers.
- Bed bugs: Because of their name, it’s easy to forget that bed bugs can actually infest your entire home. Professional heat treatments are the most effective method of eliminating growing bed bug populations. Some home treatments aren’t exhaustive and allow for the bed bugs to return.
- Recurring Problems: On that note, if you’ve noticed that you have a recurring pest issue, it likely means that you never dealt with the initial outbreak properly. The best way to prevent future pest problems is to identify the source of the first infestation.
Reliable Pest Control in Baton Rouge LA
If you’re worried that your pest problem could be spinning out of hand, wait no longer to take action. Your local pest control company in Baton Rouge LA will be able to conduct a comprehensive inspection of your home, discovering the source of your issue and the best way to go about solving it. Remember that the sooner you deal with your pest problem, the easier it will be to resolve. Whatever your needs, contact us today for a free estimate!