Termite Awareness Week is here to welcome in the spring season! With the weather warming up, termites are about to be more active than ever. This week and all year long, the team at Dugas Pest Control wants to prepare our customers for termites as well as help them learn how to prevent them. In this blog post, we’re sharing a series of informative videos on topics ranging from signs of termites to how to control termite infestations. Check out how we can help keep you termite-free in Baton Rouge LA all year long!
Top Signs of Termite Activity
- Seeing swarmers, or winged termites
- Piles of wings shed by the warmers
- Mud tubes from subterranean termites
- Rotten, blistered, hollow-sounding wood
- Termite droppings, also known as frass
4 Ways to Prevent Termites
To prevent termites, it’s important to implement the following tips into your regular routine at home:
- Keep firewood and any mulch at a distance from the foundation of your home.
- Always remove excess wood from your property, including construction lumber, fallen trees, and stumps.
- Avoid moisture-damaged wood by promptly repairing leaky faucets and poor drainage problems.
- Ensure you have a continuous termite protection plan in place from your termite exterminators!
Keeping Termites Away in Louisiana
At Dugas, we know how distressing the thought of a termite infestation can be. Our goal is to make sure our customers are well-informed on their options to protect their property from termites. If you’re unsure what termite treatment method works best for you and your family, our termite exterminators are here to help! We’ll be happy to customize a termite treatment plan suited to the unique needs of your home or business.