Serving Baton Rouge | Acadiana | Lafayette
Having insects inside your home are one thing. Dealing with intrusive wild animals is another! Whether you have bats in your attic, skunks nesting under your porch, or some other type of wild animal trying to take up space in your property, it’s important to take immediate action. Wild animals can wreak havoc inside and outside your property, and it can be dangerous to try and remove them yourself. The best way to avoid dealing with wildlife is to prevent them from finding your property attractive in the first place.
6 tips to keep wildlife away from your home
As with all pests, prevention is the key. Some of the ways you can keep wild animals away from your property include:
- Keep animals out of the attic: Any mammal or bird may try to get into your attic during the colder months, but the most likely culprits would be birds, bats, squirrels, and raccoons. It’s best to install screening over any vents, louvers, or other openings. You can also use caulk to fill in smaller cracks.
- Cover vents and openings: Dryer vents are warm and appealing, especially to chipmunks, squirrels, or small birds. The best solution is to cover the opening of a dryer vent with a piece of wire mesh cloth or screening to keep these animals out.
- Chimney protection: A chimney provides the perfect opportunity for nesting and it can attract raccoons, birds, bats, and squirrels. Inexpensive screens, hardware netting, and chimney caps can all be used to protect your chimney.
- Protect your porch: The space beneath porches and decks is a perfect spot for many animals to make a new home. Using mesh, wood, or hardware cloth can keep animals out.
- Cover overhangs and gutters: Overhangs provide a place for birds, squirrels, and raccoons to take refuge. Make sure to cut back any tree branches near the home and consider investing in enclosed gutters.
- Keep a tidy yard: Make sure to keep garbage sealed, and clean up any leaf piles and debris to avoid attracting wildlife in your yard.
Need a Wildlife Removal estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
What to do with wild animals on your property
If you follow the above-mentioned tips, you should be able to reduce the chances of dealing with wild animals on your property. Wildlife can be unpredictable, and it’s important to not try to remove animals from your home on your home. The wildlife removal experts at Dugas Pest Control can humanely and safely take care of raccoons, opossums, moles, and other wildlife that has invaded your property.Back to Wildlife Removal
Prevent Wildlife from Entering Your Home in Louisiana
Baton Rouge LA | Acadiana LA