Serving Baton Rouge | Acadiana | Lafayette
Hearing scratching noises in your walls or noticing droppings around your home? You may have a rodent infestation. Rats and mice aren’t subtle pests, and it can be easy to tell when you have them in your property. Getting rid of rodents, however, isn’t so easy. Not only are they gross, they are carriers of filth and can transmit diseases. To avoid dealing with a rodent infestation, it’s important to learn how to recognize the signs or a mouse or rat problem.
Signs of rats and mice
There are many things that indicate a rodent problem inside your home:
- Gnaw marks: Tiny holes or gnaw marks on food packaging is a sign you have rats and mice feasting on your food.
- Nests or nesting materials: Rats and mice will chew up and shred paper or other materials in your home to create nests.
- Droppings: The most obvious sign, rodent droppings have a foul odor and potentially hazardous.
- Burrows or tunnels: Check under boards, in the doghouse, weedy spots and near garbage cans for signs of burrows, which means rats and mice may be tunneling into your home.
- Foul odors: A stale smell that you can’t explain or foul odor from droppings and urine are big indicators of an active infestation.
- Unexplained noises: Hearing scratching or gnawing noises inside your walls could indicate rats or mice.
- Runways or tracks: One test to see if you have rodents is to place talcum powder along countertops and baseboards to see if you notice their prints.
Need a Rodents – Rats & Mice estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
What’s the difference between rats & mice?
If you have rodents inside your property, you probably want to know whether you’re dealing with rats or mice. All rodents have the common feature of incisor teeth in the upper jaw. Rats are typically bigger than mice, and also are far more cautious in behavior. Both rats and mice breed at a rapid pace, but mice typically have larger litter sizes than rats. Whether you have a rat or mouse, it’s important to enlist the help of a professional to control them.
What to do when you have rodents
If you think you have rats or mice in your home, it’s best to call a professional rodent exterminator. The rodent removal team at Dugas Pest Control can thoroughly inspect your property to locate any rodent activity, control the population, and prevent them from ever returning!Back to Rodents – Rats & Mice
Signs You Have a Rodent Infestation in Louisiana
Baton Rouge LA | Acadiana LA